Joe's Blog

line

A blog by Joe Billman about programming, and other stuff

line

Archive for May, 2017

Configuring WAMP server to work on Windows 10 with PHPStorm

Posted on: May 19th, 2017 by Joe

line No Comments

I used Netbeans for a while, but it wasn’t everything that I’d hoped for. So after using the trial of PHPStorm, I picked up a copy of it. Jetbrains makes some sweet IDEs and PHPStorm is awesome. So I wanted to add a follow up to my last post with instructions of how to get PHP debugging working with WAMP and PHPStorm. First off there are two changes that need to be made in the Apache httpd.conf file. The first one is Listen 0.0.0.0:80
Listen [::0]:80 needs to be Listen 0.0.0.0:8080
Listen [::0]:8080. Then ServerName localhost:80 needs to be ServerName localhost:8080. After that make the following changes in the php.ini:

zend_extension =”c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.25/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.4.1-5.6-vc11.dll”
xdebug.remote_autostart=on
xdebug.remote_enable=on
xdebug.remote_handler=”dbgp”
xdebug.remote_host=”localhost”
;xdebug.remote_connect_back=1
xdebug.remote_port=9001
xdebug.remote_mode=req

The key part there is changing the port to 9001. Then in PHPStorm go to File -> Settings. Then from there go to Languages & Frameworks -> PHP -> Debug. Under the Xdebug section, change the Debug port to 9001. The last thing I had to do was create a PHP Web Application server in PHPStorm and point it to the localhost location for the site. I also made mappings from where my project files were to where the copied files are located in the WAMP folder.

Configuring WAMP server to work on Windows 10 with Netbeans

Posted on: May 4th, 2017 by Joe

line No Comments

I’ve been doing more PHP lately and ran accross a problem that I needed to debug locally. So I downloaded WAMP and of course it didn’t work the first try, so I downloaded an update for it that fixed the launching error that it was having. It would launch, but only 1 of the 2 services was running. After doing some research I found that Apache wasn’t starting. After some help from Google I found that I needed to change the port from 80 to 8080. That worked, but then after all of the configurations in Netbeans I couldn’t get the debugger to work. After a long time and some research and trial and error I found that I needed to make the following changes in the php.ini:

zend_extension =”c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.25/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.4.1-5.6-vc11.dll”
xdebug.remote_autostart=on
xdebug.remote_enable=on
xdebug.remote_handler=”dbgp”
xdebug.remote_host=”localhost”
;xdebug.remote_connect_back=1
xdebug.remote_port=9001
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.idekey=”netbeans-xdebug”

After doing that it worked just fine. I’m putting this in mainly for my own reference, but maybe it can help someone else if they encounter similar problems.


Warning: Use of undefined constant Y - assumed 'Y' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/16/d145171736/htdocs/php/footer.php on line 1